Sunday, January 11, 2009

Welcome!


The Port Alberni Revitalization Initiation Committee was born at alberni.ca, or, Jack's Place.
Thank you Jack for providing the space for it to happen!

Credit is due to a poster on that board who goes by the handle WestCoastR. The post made was this:

"I can see from the posts thus far, that P.A is in a bit of a crossroads...
I would like to know from you, fellow P.A'ers just what idea you have to resurrect this poor little town
No judgements, no hassles.. How 'bout having a great little brainstorming session here?
Let me know if you have anything, k?"

As so it began and some 23 pages later here we are with a bunch of folks who stepped up and organized a meeting place, equipment, coffee etc.

The Poster who made the noted post is known to me...he saved my life.
Were it not for his efforts I would have not made it onto the Coast Guard rescue chopper dispatched to retrieve me.
I most certainly would have met my maker that August day many years ago were it not for this fellow.


So here in this space we hope to provide live-blogging for meetings held by this determined & dedicated group of Jane & Joe Port Albernian's who wish to see their community thrive!

Good luck and thank you again to Jack & WestCoastR! xo


Totem @ Teshaht Gas Bar

5 comments: